Monday, January 24, 2005

Odds are I'll win the lottery first.

I will not have a weekend like I've had this past weekend ever again and it's still going. It simply isn't possible for these events to repeat. If it could go wrong it did and it's not over yet. Car #1 is still down for the count on the lot of a car dealer. Not any car dealer mind you but an uppity import dealer that only services imports. I did not choose to break down at all, let alone on their lot. A frozen fuel line would have thawed today so I'm guessing it is more along the lines of a fuel pump now.

If I'm lucky it is only severely flooded and will start for me later tonight when I return with a fully charged battery. At present it will be a 6 hour charge time as it is that worn down from starting attempts. Oh joy, that will be 10:00PM and I will freeze just as I did yesterday. If only it were New Years Eve I would simply get drunk and have it towed for free. Unfortunately they don't offer that service the other 364 days of the year. This is definitely a between a rock and a hard place kind of moment and it's getting old in a hurry.

Nothing like this can ever happen on payday, or shortly thereafter, it's always a week before payday when you never have enough money to pay attention let alone take care of an unexpected repair. I've been told that appliances have ears, meaning that as soon as you think you are getting ahead, they will decide to break down so you will have to buy new ones. Cars apparently have ears too.

Insult to injury indeed........... To make all of this worse I can see the car from my kitchen window. It is literally a stones throw away. It might as well be 100 miles away at the moment as I am powerless to do a thing about it right now. Times like this make me wish I had never given up my Jedi training because I would be able to use the force and levitate the car back to my parking lot. Two minutes of pushing would normally do the trick but the dealership expanded last year and built a fence. Which means my apartment building no longer shares a driveway with the dealership.

Yes, the car is that close to home. In fact I can actually walk to it faster than I can drive to it in the other car. By walking I can cut across the yard and not have to drive halfway around the block to get there. Although it's not a budgeted item for this Fridays payday I will buy some lottery tickets because I am more likely to win than have this weekend happen to me again.


1 Comments:

Blogger Ragamuffin said...

As Norm from Cheers says about women also applies to cars: women - can't live with them...................pass the beer nuts. Thanks for sharing, your misery really brightend my day in a depressing kind of way!!!

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Online Degrees