Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Only in Wisconsin.........

Time does not permit me to go into detail regarding my opinions of the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources. WDNR for short. Personally I think it stands for We Defy Normal Reasoning, anyway............

On April 11th the Conservation Congress will be having a vote to determine whether or not feral cats are to be placed on the non-protected species list. If they do so, anyone with a small game license will be able to hunt them. Granted the feral cats kill lots of songbirds and serve no real purpose, but why does Wisconsin think somebody might actually go cat hunting????

Personally I think this would be a good use for the .17HMR or new .204 but since 95% of the feral cats live in town or so close to populated areas that hunting wouldn't be allowed anyway. What's next, an "archery only" cat hunt???? After reading the story in the paper I was amused by this enough to venture out to Gander Mountain, I rarely need an excuse to go there but today I had one, in hopes that they stocked ahead for the opening day of cat season. I had no luck. Specifically I was looking for a Mojo Tabby because we all know how well they lure in feral cats. For you non-hunters Mojo is a company that makes motion decoys. They are as silly as they are expensive. In other words I want some but don't have any.

In lieu of my Mojo Tabby another thought came to mind as I happen know my Siamese likes Blueberry yogurt. Why he likes it I don't know and he won't tell me. In reviewing the Wisconsin Hunting Regulations, which should qualify me for a degree from somewhere, I was reminded that meat or live bait for hunting purposes is illegal. Yogurt is live because of the active yeast cultures and therefore illegal. Damn. Looks like the remaining 5% of the feral cat population is safe from me. I'm guessing that this vote will pass now.

P.S. I wasn't able to locate any "cat calls" during my shopping trip either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Online Degrees